Sunday, December 2, 2012


Anthony Oddo                                                                                                                    11/28/12
Professor Heasley                                                                                       Graphic Design I




Q Workshop Paper



Q. Cassetti was able to come to our class for a workshop in graphic design and It was a real pleasure learning some things from such a professional. She taught us some quick tricks that are sure to come in handy in the future and shortcuts that could make life easier while using Illustrator. I enjoyed learning how to make brushes even though I don’t really remember how to do it, but when she was doing it up on the board it made sense to me and it seemed easy, something anyone could do. Ways to make patterns such as candy canes and apply those to brushes was great to see and I’m sure it could come in handy in the near future. Learning to save symbols for their possible use in the future was also helpful, and it could always make life easier. I want to use her techniques in the near future to create brushes and patterns to use as I think it looks pretty easy. The way she used mirroring objects and by only creating half to create a whole was really interesting to me as it takes less time than it would to create a full object. Seeing how she used simple shapes to help create brushes and patterns taught me it can be simple and I don’t have to be an expert to do certain things.
Q was a really nice lady and seemed like she really knew what she was doing, but didn’t have to me completely serious and she was funny and a great person to learn from. Being a great teacher and speaker really helps when trying to teach others and I really loved her vibe and personality because I could understand it and learn from it. I’m glad I was there for most of her workshop and was able to learn a few things that could make life easier in the design world.

No comments:

Post a Comment