Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Keeping It Black and White

After spending some more time thinking about my subject matter, I've decided I want to keep to entirely black and white images. Seeing as the piano is predominantly either black or white in color, it seems fitting and helps strengthen the concept of "piano" in the images I'll be producing. Without color, I'll be focusing much more on graphic elements such as the weight I apply to strokes, the absence of or implied lines, different gradation styles within shape fills, scale, etc. I've included a couple links to some websites that talk about lines in graphic design as I've been using a lot of line techniques to finish up my sketches. While I am using previous sketches as a basis for my newer ones, using different strokes has created some rather interesting results that are much different than what I started out with.

http://deltadesignz.com/2010/09/design-principle-lines-in-graphic-design/

http://www.ehow.com/info_8753625_five-line-types-graphic-design.html

No comments:

Post a Comment